Before installing this version of Mountains®, make sure that:
1. You have unplugged any Mountains® USB security keys (purple or red dongles) from your computer.
2. You are connected to the internet.
3. You have administrator rights to install.
Once Mountains® has been downloaded, it needs to be installed.
Need to download again? Visit this page.
Note: Before installing a new version of Mountains®, the uninstallation of all previous versions is recommended (you can do this via Add or remove programs in the Windows Settings).
1. Locate the “Mountains-v8-Free-Trial[…].exe” file that was downloaded. In most cases, this will be in your Downloads folder, which will be in C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME \Downloads\
2. Double click this file to begin the installation process.
3. Continue through the installation wizard:
If the installation code does not appear automatically, please enter “300033” and click [Next].
Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and click [Next].
Specify where the installed files will be located. Then click [Next].
If you have previously installed a version of Mountains® on your computer, you may see the following message:
Once again, we do recommend you uninstall all other versions of Mountains® when installing the Free Trial version.
However if you wish to continue, please check you have unplugged your Mountains® USB security key (dongle) and click [Yes].
We recommend leaving this box checked. Click [Next].
Mountains® installation begins. This process can take several minutes.
When the installation is done you’ll see this message. Click [Finish] to close the installer.
- Mountains® 8 is installed and ready to use. Open it via the desktop shortcut or the Start menu.
When it opens, you should see the following dialog:
Click [Start Free Trial].
Note: if you don’t have any Internet connection, learn more about how to activate a free trial version offline here.
The following dialog is displayed:
Click [Continue Free Trial].
Note: You do not need to fill in the “E-mail” field for the moment.
Click [Start the software].
Mountains® 8 is ready to use