MountainsMap® Example Applications
Click on the arrows to display more applications.
Nanowires – sidewall morphology
STM (scanning tunneling microscope) + SEM (scanning electron microscope) +MountainsMap® SPM software + Colocalization module
STM topography (x, y, z) and SEM image of Si nanowire.
Overlay of SEM image on topography shows saw-tooth faceted sidewall of the Si nanowire.
Small Au clusters (barely seen on the SEM image and well resolved in STM) are predominantly found on the downward facets of the sidewall.
MountainsMap® tools used
Colocalization of microscope images and surface topography with overlays at selected transparency levels – using Colocalization module.
Images courtesy of IEMN, Lille, France
List of applications in gallery
Submit an application
Do you want to share one of your MountainsMap 7 applications?
If so then please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description of the application (purpose, context, results, etc.).
- Type of instrument used (make, model, settings).
- References of any related scientific papers.
- MountainsMap 7 document file(s) including original studiable.
- Written permission to add your application to the www.digitalsurf.com web site.
Sending an application does not guarantee that it will be published.
Submitted applications will be published at Digital Surf's sole discretion.