⇒ Quantify individual fibers whether they are separate, touching or overlapping.
⇒ Analyze SEM images (SE & BSE modes) and optical microscopy images of:
- Electrospun nano-fibers
- Cellulose and other organic fibers (gelatin, muscle)
- Synthetic fibers (such as Kevlar, polyethylene, glass) and composite materials
- Fibers from crime scenes (in forensics)
- Non-woven fibers (in filters for example)
- Mineral fibers, like asbestos.
⇒ Detect fibers & interstices automatically using dedicated detection methods for:
- light fibers on a dark background
- dark fibers on a light background
- SEM-SE fibers with a dark center and light edges
- SEM-BSE fibers (gray on gray).
(all methods can be manually controlled and adjusted by the user).
⇒ Carry out analysis of fiber morphology and display:
- a histogram of fiber diameters
- a table of parameters for individual fibers and interstices including:
- fiber diameter (mean, min, max, standard deviation)
- average fiber direction (or fiber orientation)
- interstice diameter
⇒ Interactivity: click on a fiber segment or interstice in the image, and automatically jump to the corresponding row in the parameters table, and vice versa.
⇒ Display calculation steps:
- raw image
- binarized image
- distance map (simulated fiber topography used to calculate fiber diameter)
- segmented image showing fiber segments and ridges of the distance map
⇒ Display results as:
- a diameter map of imaged fibers
- a direction map of fibers (with circular color-scale).
⇒ Export numerical results and images in several formats.