If you are using a network license, you have to also install the “HASP License Manager”. You must do this manually.
Note: Other drivers are necessary for the protection key (“HASP drivers”); they are installed automatically when installing the software.
On the computer/server hosting the network key, you must install them manually.
These drivers or services may also be called “Sentinel LDK License Manager”, or “RTE (Run-time environment)”, “Run-time installer”.
They also include the “Sentinel Admin Control Center”.
If you encounter problems with your network license, we recommend that you first re-install these HASP drivers. More information…
Installing the “HASP License Manager” as a service (“Hasp Loader”), using the file “lmsetup.exe”
– Locate the Mountains® installation files.
– Open the “Hasp” folder.
If you cannot find your installation files, or if your installation files are too old and do not contain the file “lmsetup.exe”:
– Go to Software updates, and download “DRIVER DONGLE HASP” (“hasp.zip”).
– Unzip the files.
- Right-click and run (as administrator) “lmsetup.exe”, to install the “HASP License Manager”. Choose a language for the installation. Several dialogs guide you through the installation process:
- When asked if you want to install the “HASP License Manager” as an application or as a service, choose “Service”:
- Follow the steps until the final installation.
Note: Once installed, this service is called “Hasp Loader“.
Starting Mountains® software
You should now be able to use Mountains®.
In case of problems, see also: Trouble-shooting in case of network license problems